ROMANIA – THE REALM OF LEGENDS
Bucuresti – Caracal – Craiova – Drobeta Turnu Severin – Orsova – Baile Herculane – Manastirea Prislop – Hunedoara (Castelul Corvinilor) – Alba Iulia – Sibiu – Transfagarasan – Curtea de Arges
5 nights /6 days
– Constantin Poroineanu Park (Caracal)
– Constantin Mihail Palace – Museum of Oltenia (Craiova)
– Museum of the Iron Gates Region (Portile de Fier)
– Orsova – Clisura Dunarii – Cazanele Mari si Cazanele Mici
– Baile Herculane
– Prislop Monastery (the gravesite of Arsenie Boca)
– Corvin Castle (Castelul Corvinilor)
– Alba Iulia – Alba Carolina Citadel (Cetatea Alba Carolina)
– Transfagarasan – Lake Balea, Balea Waterfalls, Vidraru Dam
– Poienari Citadel
– Cortea de Arges Monastery
- Transportation by 4* touring bus, departing from Bucharest;
- 5 night accommodations in the following locations: 1 night x Craiova, 2 nights x Baile Herculane, 1 night x Alba Iulia, 1 night x Transfagarasan in 4* hotels, all taxes included;
- Access to the SPA Center with Thermal Water x 2 days in Baile Herculane;
- Meals : 5 x Breakfast 5 x Dinner;
- Excursions to all the Locations mentioned in the Program, including entrance fees;
- Authorised accompanying Guide
– Lunch, or any other meals that have not been included in the program;
– Campfire Party, during the last evening of the trip, depending on weather conditions;
– Personal Expenses, souvenirs, tips etc
DAY 1 – CARACAL – CRAIOVA
Departure from Bucharest at 07:00 (Carol Park). We’ll arrive in Caracal and visit the Constantin Poroineanu Park,
created by famous French Landscape Architects in 1903, considered to be the most beautiful park in Romania and the third largest park in Europe. One of the main attractions of this park is the Poplar Alley (1200m long), where the great poet George Cosbuc used to walk. We then head to Craiova – the “capital” of Oltenia, where we’ll visit the Constantin Mihail Palace and the Museum of Oltenia.
Accommodation in a 4* Hotel in Craiova. Dinner will be served at the Hotel . Free Time
DAY 2 – DROBETA TURNU SEVERIN – ORSOVA – BAILE HERCULANE
Breakfast and Check-out
We leave for the Drobeta Turnu Severin, where we’ll visit the Museum of the Iron Gates Region, located in a beautiful building and next to a Roman Fortress. We will visit the 16 sections of the museum, with over 4000 exhibited artefacts, grouped in the Aquarium Hall, Natural Science and History Hall, Ethnography, Archeology, Danube Ichthyography etc . After this, Orsova awaits us, with a Cruise on the Danube River, through Clisura Dunarii, Cazanele Mici and Cazanele Mari, a section of the river that was once feared by sailors due to its rocky banks, but breathtaking in its beauty, with the Mraconia Valley and Decebal’s bust, sculpted in rock. To this day it remains one of the most visited routes in Europe. After our cruise, we depart to Baile Herculane, one of the oldest SPA Resorts in the world (1850 years old), where we’ll visit the Hercules Square and the Royal Baths.
Accommodation in a 4* Hotel in Baile Herculane. Dinner will be served at the Hotel . Free Time (access to
the SPA Center)
DAY 3 – BAILE HERCULANE
You’ll have an entire free day to relax and enjoy all the SPA facilities that the resort has to offer. Free Time (access to
the SPA Center)
Accommodation in a 4* Hotel in Baile Herculane. Dinner will be served at the Hotel.
DAY 4 – PRISLOP MONASTERY – CORVIN CASTLE (HUNEDOARA) – ALBA IULIA
Breakfast and Check-out
After breakfast we’ll head towards the Prislop Monastery, where we’ll visit the grave site of Arsenie Boca. Next up, the Corvin Castle in Hunedoara, a Gothic Architecture gem of Romania and a true legend of Transilvania. We continue towards Alba Iulia, the Spiritual Capital of the country. We’ll visit the Alba Carolina Bastionary Citadel, the place where the biggest dream of the Romanian people came true, the Great Unification of December 1 1918.
Accommodation in a 4* Hotel in Alba Iulia. Dinner will be served at the Hotel. Free Time.
DAY 5 – SIBIU – TRANSFAGARASAN – POIENARI
Breakfast and Check-out
We head to Sibiu for a Walking Tour through the city that boasts with titles such as European Cultural Capital of 2007 and European Region of Gastronomy of 2019. Here we will visit the “Small Square” and “Big Square”, separated by Turnul Sfatului (the Council Tower). After this, we will go on an Adventure through Transfagarasan, the greatest and most beautiful road in Romania, with the longest tunnel. Along our drive we will see the Balea Lake, Balea Waterfalls (the largest Multistep-Waterfall in Romania) and the Vidraru Dam (the tallest dam in Romania). We will make the last stop of the day in Poienari, the Citadel that sheltered all of Romania’s Rulers.
Accommodation in a 4* Hotel in Transfagarasan. Dinner will be served at the Hotel.
DAY 6 – CURTEA DE ARGES – BUCURESTI
Breakfast and Check-out
We set off for the last landmark of our trip, the Curtea de Arges Monastery, a place where history and myth are intertwined, simply breathtaking in its architecture.
After this, we head back to Bucharest.
– Hotels in Craiova: Emma West / Oltenia / Europeca
– Hotels in Baile Herculane: Afrodita / Minerva
– Hotels in Alba Iulia: Transilvania / Teodora Golf Club / Hotel Parc
– Hotels in Transfagarasan: Valea cu Pesti / Posada Vidraru
In case the group will not be fully formed, the Tour Operator has the right to renounce the tour, provided that the
advance paid by the tourist will be fully reimbursed. The Tour Operator also has the right to change hotels or type of bus transport, while maintaining the standards and consulting in advance with the registered tourists. Any extra reservations (above the maximum number of tourists in the group) can be charged at a higher rate (depending on the availability of transport and accomodation).
– 50 % of the tour package will be paid within 3 days from the registration and issue of invoice;
– 50 % of the tour package will be paid at least 40 days before the departure.
In case of non-compliance with the payment terms, the Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND PENALTIES:
– 25% of the price of the tour package if the cancellation is made within 59 days – 40 days before the departure;
– 50% of the price of the tour package if the cancellation is made between 39 days – 21 days before the departure;
– 100% of the price of the tour package if the cancellation is made less than 21 days before the departure.
– the star rating of the accommodation units is the one attributed by the local authorities in Romania, so the room facilities are in accordance with the local standards;
– the Tour Operator can not be held liable in the case of the refusal of the authorities from the border points to receive the tourist in his own country or to allow him to leave his own country;
– the distribution of rooms at hotels is made by their front desk; problems related to the location or appearance of the room are solved by the tourist directly at the front desk, assisted by the group attendant;
– the hotel reserves the right to ask each tourist for a cash amount or a copy of their credit card, as a guarantee for the additional expenses to be incurred during the stay; for certain facilities in the hotel or in the room, the hotelier may charge additional fees; upon arrival at the hotel ask the receptionist to provide specific information about them;
– tourists that are traveling alone can opt for a single room or for sharing a room, in which case the Tour Operator will propose, according to the existing or subsequent reservations, a share. In the event that there is no sharing opportunity available until the expiration of the registration deadline, the Tour Operator is not obliged to bear the difference of the single room, consequently the tourist can withdraw without penalties or opt for the single room;
– the Tour Operator can not be held liable and will not take responsibility for any alterations in the program that have been caused by traffic conditions;
– the group leader can modify the schedule in certain unexpected conditions, while consulting with the participating tourists and maintaining the same level of quality for the offered services;
– according to national and international regulations, the guide services inside museums can only be provided by the local guides;
– the Tour Operator is not responsible for the loss or theft of luggage, documents or personal items; if these situations occur, the tourist has the obligation to file a personal complaint to the relevant authorities;
– optional trips can be taken on site with local guides. The cost of these trips are not collected in the name of or for the Tour Operator. The prices of the optional excursions may be higher than those of the excursions that can be purchased from the reception of the hotels, due to the fact that the participants will have a means of transport that will take them from and bring them back to the hotel, the guide of the tour and, if required, a local guide. The price of the trips is calculated for a minimum group of 10 people. At a smaller number of participants the price increases accordingly;
if the number of persons enrolled in the optional trips is large enough, the group attendant will join the tourists who have purchased the trips, so that those staying at the hotel will have a free program without attendance;
– the seat on the bus will be reserved according to the order of registrations, starting with the second seat;
– the above stipulations, along with the offer, will serve as an appendix to the contract between the tourist and the tour operator.