DISCOVER BUCOVINA, TRANSILVANIA AND MARAMURES
Bucharest – Marasesti -Gura Humorului – Borsa – Sighetu Marmatiei -Cluj Napoca – Turda – Targu Mures – Borsec – Ruginoasa – Iasi
5 nights / 6 days
– The Marasesti Museum – The Heroes’ Mausoleum
– Bucovina Monastery: Voronet, Sucevita, Moldovita
– “Cascada Cailor” din Borsa, Barsana Monastery
– The Pain Memorial (Memorialul “Durerii”) from Sighetu Marmatiei
– Cimitirul “Vesel “ from Sapanta
– City Tour of Cluj Napoca
– National Museum of History of Transilvaniei (Cluj-Napoca)
– Turda Salt Mines
– City Tour of Targu Mures
– Borsec – Poiana Zanelor si Izvoarele reci
– If Requested: The Ice Cave (Pestera de Gheata) – The Bear Cavern (Grota Ursilor)
– Neamt Monastery
– Alexandru Ioan Cuza Palace from Ruginoasa
– City Tour of Iasi – Palace of Culture from Iasi (only an external view)
- Transportation by 4* touring bus, departing from Bucharest, Ploiesti, Buzau, Focsani
- 5 night accommodations in the following locations: Gura Humorului, Viseu de Sus, Cluj Napoca, Borsec , Iasi in 3* hotels, all taxes included
- Meals : 5 x Buffet Breakfast 5 x Fixed Menu Dinner
- Excursions to all the Locations mentioned in the Program, entrance fees for: The Heroes’ Mausoleum, Borsa mountain cable, The Pain Memorial, Cimitirul Vesel from Sapanta, – National Museum of History from Cluj, Turda Salt Mines, Neamt Monastery, Alexandru Ioan Cuza Palace from Ruginoasa.
- Authorised accompanying Guide
– Lunch, or any other meals that have not been included in the program;
– Optional Excursion: – The Ice Cave (Pestera de Gheata) – The Bear Cavern (Grota Ursilor) – 20 RON/pers;
– Personal Expenses, souvenirs, tips etc
Tourists that are traveling alone can opt for a single room or for sharing a room, in which case the Tour Operator will propose, according to the existing or subsequent reservations, a share. In the event that there is no sharing opportunity available until the expiration of the registration deadline, the tourist will have to bear the additional fee for a Single Room or withdraw without penalties (up to 30 days before departure). The Tour Operator is not obliged to bear the difference of the Single Room.
In case the group will not be fully formed, the Tour Operator has the right to renounce the tour, provided that the advance paid by the tourist will be fully reimbursed. The Tour Operator also has the right to change hotels or type of bus transport, while maintaining the standards and consulting in advance with the registered tourists. Any extra reservations (above the maximum number of tourists in the group) can be charged at a higher rate (depending on the availability of transport and accomodation).
– 50 % of the tour package will be paid within 3 days from the registration and issue of invoice;
– 50 % of the tour package will be paid at least 40 days before the departure.
In case of non-compliance with the payment terms, the Tour Operator reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND PENALTIES:
– 25% of the price of the tour package if the cancellation is made within 59 days – 40 days before
– 50% of the price of the tour package if the cancellation is made between 39 days – 21 days before the departure;
– 100% of the price of the tour package if the cancellation is made less than 21 days before the departure.
DAY 1 – BUCHAREST -MARASESTI – GURA HUMORULUI
We leave Bucharest at 08:00 AM. Our first stop will be at the Heroes’ Mausoleum (Mausoleul Eroilor) from Marasesti where we’ll learn everything anbout the Marasesti Battle from 1917 . In Roman we can have an Optional Lunch in one of the local Restaurants. After we reach Gura Humorului, we’ll start our tour of the Monasteries from Bucovina with VORONET , the place of origin of an incredible shade of blue, bearing the name “Voronet Blue” .
Accommodation in a 3* Hotel in Gura Humorului . Dinner will be served at the Hotel. Free Time
DAY 2 – THE MONASTERIES OF BUCOVINA – BORSA – VISEU DE SUS
Breakfast and Check-out.
We’ll be visiting the following Monasteries: Sucevita (registered in the UNESCO World Heritage in 2010 ) and Moldovita, with its fascinating Murals. We’ll go through the Rodnei Mountains, towards Maramures. We can have an Optional Lunch in Borsa, after which we’ll take a mountain cable to Cascada Cailor. Check-in in the evening.
Accommodation in a 3* Hotel in VISEUL DE SUS. Dinner will be served at the Hotel . Free Time (access to the SPA Center)
DAY 3 – VISEU DE SUS -SIGHETU MARMATIEI – SAPANTA – CLUJ NAPOCA
Breakfast and Check-out.
Our day starts with an excursion to the Barsana Monastery, the best known church in Maramures, then we head towards Sighetu Marmatiei , where we’ll visit The Pain Memorial (Memorialul Durerii) and Cimitirul Vesel, a peculiar yet fascinating cemetery. We can have an Optional Local Lunch, after which we depart for Cluj.
Accommodation in a 3* Hotel in Cluj Napoca. Dinner will be served at the Hotel. Free Time
DAY 4 – CLUJ NAPOCA -TURDA -TARGU MURES – BORSEC
Breakfast and Check-out.
What better way to start the day than by taking a Walking Tour of Cluj and visiting the National Museum of History. Next up, one of the most structurally advanced Salt Mines in the world, The TURDA Salt Mines. We’ll have another Walking Tour, this time in Targu Mures, along with an Optional Lunch. After that, we head towards Borsec, where we’ll visit the famous Mineral Water Springs from Poiana Zanelor. If requested, we can visit The Ice Cave (Pestera de Gheata) and The Bear Cavern (Grota Ursilor), accompanied by a local guide.
Accommodation in a 3* Hotel. Dinner will be served at the Hotel. Free Time
DAY 5 – NEAMT MONASTERY – RUGINOASA – IASI
Breakfast and Check-out
We’ll be heading towards Iasi, and will take our first stop at The Neamt Monastery, with an interior viewing. The second stop will be in RUGINOASA, where we’ll enter the Palace of Alexandru Ioan Cuza. We can also have an Optional Lunch in Ruginoasa. We continue heading towards Iasi, where an Evening Panoramic Tour awaits us.
Accommodation in a 3* Hotel in IASI . Dinner will be served at the Hotel.
DAY 6 – IASI – BUCHAREST
Breakfast and Check-out
We start with a Walking Tour of IASI and an exterior viewing of the Palace of Culture, The Copou
Park and Eminescu’s Linden Tree.
– the star rating of the accommodation units is the one attributed by the local authorities in Romania, so the room facilities are in accordance with the local standards;
– the Tour Operator can not be held liable in the case of the refusal of the authorities from the border points to receive the tourist in his own country or to allow him to leave his own country;
– the distribution of rooms at hotels is made by their front desk; problems related to the location or appearance of the room are solved by the tourist directly at the front desk, assisted by the group attendant;
– the hotel reserves the right to ask each tourist for a cash amount or a copy of their credit card, as a guarantee for the additional expenses to be incurred during the stay; for certain facilities in the hotel or in the room, the hotelier may charge additional fees; upon arrival at the hotel ask the receptionist to provide specific information about them;
– tourists that are traveling alone can opt for a single room or for sharing a room, in which case the Tour Operator will propose, according to the existing or subsequent reservations, a share. In the event that there is no sharing opportunity available until the expiration of the registration deadline, the Tour Operator is not obliged to bear the difference of the single room, consequently the tourist can withdraw without penalties or opt for the single room;
– the Tour Operator can not be held liable and will not take responsibility for any alterations in the program that have been caused by traffic conditions;
– the group leader can modify the schedule in certain unexpected conditions, while consulting with the participating tourists and maintaining the same level of quality for the offered services;
– according to national and international regulations, the guide services inside museums can only be provided by the local guides;
– the Tour Operator is not responsible for the loss or theft of luggage, documents or personal items; if these situations occur, the tourist has the obligation to file a personal complaint to the relevant authorities;
– optional trips can be taken on site with local guides. The cost of these trips are not collected in the name of or for the Tour Operator. The prices of the optional excursions may be higher than those of the excursions that can be purchased from the reception of the hotels, due to the fact that the participants will have a means of transport that will take them from and bring them back to the hotel, the guide of the tour and, if required, a local guide. The price of the trips is calculated for a minimum group of 10 people. At a smaller number of participants the price increases accordingly; if the number of persons enrolled in the optional trips is large enough, the group attendant will join
the tourists who have purchased the trips, so that those staying at the hotel will have a free program without attendance;
– the seat on the bus will be reserved according to the order of registrations, starting with the second seat;
– the above stipulations, along with the offer, will serve as an appendix to the contract between the tourist and the tour operator.